School issues warning after woman approaches students at pub
- Credit: Google Street View
Students were approached by a woman who asked them to take her to a hotel, according to a parent of one of the girls involved.
The King Alfred School, an Academy released a statement to warn people about the incident, which took place on Tuesday at Burnham’s The Reed’s Arms.
The parent said her young daughter along with one of her friends, who both attend the school, were approached by a woman at the Wetherspoons pub while they were having their tea.
She asked them for help to find a hotel and take her there, because she said she was afraid of her partner.
The girls involved have since reported the incident to the police.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the academy said: “If students are approached in such a manner, speak to a member of staff and let them deal with the situation, also, let your parents know immediately.
“Do not go off with anyone who tries to enlist you in helping in such an affair.”
- 1 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 4 LOVE ISLAND 2021: Weston's Jake Cornish makes it official with Liberty
- 5 Could self-driving pods be the future of Weston?
- 6 Council hopes to reopen Weston Marine Lake later this week
- 7 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 8 Overnight A&E closures continue at hospital
- 9 Family pays tribute to founder of Jolly Dollies support network
- 10 Manchester United legends and All Stars put on nine-goal thriller at Cheddar