St Anne’s dancers enjoy Playhouse performances
- Credit: Lin Hodges
Aspiring dancers took part in a festival at Weston’s Playhouse Theatre.
A group of year five and six children from St Anne’s Church Academy took part in the North Somerset Schools Dance Festival.
The six-night-long event saw the children perform to a packed theatre during each performance.
Each school is invited to perform a theme dance which was ‘dance generation’ and free-style.
Lin Hodges, play leader and sports coordinator, said: “This was a wonderful evening of celebration with the children performing their dance routines after many weeks of rehearsing.
You may also want to watch:
“The anticipation was electric back stage in the dressing room, with all the dancers so excited to be performing on the stage for their families.”
Several other schools in the area took part in the event which focused on teamwork and friendship.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again