St Anne’s dancers enjoy Playhouse performances
- Credit: Lin Hodges
Aspiring dancers took part in a festival at Weston’s Playhouse Theatre.
A group of year five and six children from St Anne’s Church Academy took part in the North Somerset Schools Dance Festival.
The six-night-long event saw the children perform to a packed theatre during each performance.
Each school is invited to perform a theme dance which was ‘dance generation’ and free-style.
Lin Hodges, play leader and sports coordinator, said: “This was a wonderful evening of celebration with the children performing their dance routines after many weeks of rehearsing.
You may also want to watch:
“The anticipation was electric back stage in the dressing room, with all the dancers so excited to be performing on the stage for their families.”
Several other schools in the area took part in the event which focused on teamwork and friendship.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?