St Anne’s dancers enjoy Playhouse performances
- Credit: Lin Hodges
Aspiring dancers took part in a festival at Weston’s Playhouse Theatre.
A group of year five and six children from St Anne’s Church Academy took part in the North Somerset Schools Dance Festival.
The six-night-long event saw the children perform to a packed theatre during each performance.
Each school is invited to perform a theme dance which was ‘dance generation’ and free-style.
Lin Hodges, play leader and sports coordinator, said: “This was a wonderful evening of celebration with the children performing their dance routines after many weeks of rehearsing.
You may also want to watch:
“The anticipation was electric back stage in the dressing room, with all the dancers so excited to be performing on the stage for their families.”
Several other schools in the area took part in the event which focused on teamwork and friendship.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows