Crowds flock to Weston Collective food festival
- Credit: Archant
Cheese, gin, scotch eggs and chocolate were just some of the treats on offer at the Weston Collective’s first food event.
The Somerset and West Country Pantry took place in the Sovereign Centre's food court, with more than 14 local and indepedent traders selling their food and drink.
Visitors could pick up a variety of items, from cheese, trout and freshly baked foods, to pickles, pork, plant-based bakes, cider and gelato.
There was also a succulent grower from Uphill.
Jane Main, the Founder of The Weston Collective, said: "It's been a real treat to bring a local, independent food event to Weston - there really was something for everyone.
"The event was busy from the minute doors opened and it was really lovely to see so many people enjoying the space and atmosphere with a good cup of coffee from Good & Proper."
The next food event is planned for March 26. For more updates, follow Weston Collective on Facebook.
- 1 Man killed after falling from bridge on M5
- 2 M5 closed after morning crash - causing FIVE MILES of tailbacks
- 3 Police oppose 2am licence for new bar in Weston over links to criminals
- 4 Burglars target 24 properties in North Somerset area
- 5 Ultimate obstacle course coming to Weston
- 6 PICTURES: More details of Weston's See Monster revealed
- 7 Thatchers is looking for new recruits to join cider business
- 8 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 9 Somerset MP defends PM attending Downing Street 'party' after 'busy day'
- 10 Martin Kemp to play 1980s tunes in Weston this weekend