PICTURES: Motor enthusiasts drawn to classic car show
- Credit: Archant
Crowds gathered to admire vintage cars and motorbikes at a village event.
Impressive motors featured at Redhill's classic vehicle show on August 15, and the event raises funds for a village playground scheme.
Mark Haywood brought along his 1937 Lagonda LG45, and Derek George turned-up with a deep red, 1946 MG TC.
The village club hosts regular classic car and motorcycle gatherings, at the Recreation Field, during the summer months.
Visitors were also invited to try tasty barbecue food at the evening get-together, and the meets bring large crowds to Redhill every few months.
You may also want to watch:
A selection of cherished cars made an appearance, including a white Triumph GT6, Austin A40 and Moss Monaco brands.
Powerful motorbikes made a statement on the day, including Chris Hart's 1975 600cc BMW.
- 1 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 2 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 3 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 4 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 5 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 6 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
Redhill hall has raised £8,000 for its children's playground fund and the next gathering will be held on October 13 from 9-11am.