Sunshine radio wins award
WESTON General Hospital s Sunshine Radio has won first prize in this year s North Somerset Good Neighbour Awards. The radio station received the £200 first prize from North Somerset Council chairman Councillor David Shopland. The awards are sponsore
WESTON General Hospital's Sunshine Radio has won first prize in this year's North Somerset Good Neighbour Awards.
The radio station received the £200 first prize from North Somerset Council chairman Councillor David Shopland.
The awards are sponsored by take-away company Miss Millie's Fried Chicken and organised in conjunction with the council. The entrants were judged by a panel of councillors and officers from North Somerset Council.
The awards were created to recognise achievement by groups working in the community.
You may also want to watch:
Sunshine Hospital Radio is a charity that provides a free radio service for Weston General Hospital's patients 24 hours a day and 365 days each year.
The station's PR officer Marcus Tripp said: "We are delighted to have won this award and the funds will go towards helping us to introduce a CD collection to replace the rather well used and tired records we use for responding to patient requests.
- 1 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Disruptions to your journey by car across North Somerset
- 3 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 7 Wind and water sports in Weston
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset