Support for families
MEMBERS of St Peter s and St Nicholas Churches in Portishead are holding parenting courses to help support families in the town.
MEMBERS of St Peter's and St Nicholas Churches in Portishead are holding parenting courses to help support families in the town.
The sessions will offer parents tips on how to build and maintain healthy relationships with their little ones.
One of the organisers, Olwyn Kiero-Watson, said: "We ran a pilot scheme for the parental support classes last year and we all found it very helpful. We are now planning further courses to allow more people to benefit."
The eight week courses are based on a programme designed by the Family Caring Trust and are aimed at supporting families and family life in the busy world we live in.
You may also want to watch:
Olwyn added: "This is not anything like the Super Nanny programmes, it is about building good, strong relationships with your children.
"The first course we ran concentrated on 'pram to five years', we shall be running another one of these in April and then later in the year we will be running a course concentrating on five-15 year olds."
- 1 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 5 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 6 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 7 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 8 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
Anyone interested can obtain further information from Olwyn via the church office on 01275 818895 or by emailing email@example.com