Supporters raise cash for new hospice nurse
- Credit: Archant
A new community nurse has joined the team at Weston Hospicecare, thanks to generous supporters.
Community nurse specialist Gwen Harding appealed for help to raise money for an additional nurse in June.
Thanks to donations from generous supporters, the hospice has recruited Katie Williams to the team.
Katie has a great deal of experience in the sector, after working for a large hospice in London for years.
Gwen said: "On behalf of the nursing team, we'd like to thank our community for your kind donations and wish you all the very best for the festive season."
You may also want to watch:
Weston Hospicecare, which is based in Uphill, has a team of 10 community nurses who care for hundreds of patients and their families in their own homes across North Somerset and Somerset.
Katie added: "This is such a friendly place to live and work, I am so glad I can make a difference here, caring for people who are facing the most difficult time of their lives."
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 3 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 6 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 7 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 8 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 9 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare