Supporters raise cash for new hospice nurse
- Credit: Archant
A new community nurse has joined the team at Weston Hospicecare, thanks to generous supporters.
Community nurse specialist Gwen Harding appealed for help to raise money for an additional nurse in June.
Thanks to donations from generous supporters, the hospice has recruited Katie Williams to the team.
Katie has a great deal of experience in the sector, after working for a large hospice in London for years.
Gwen said: "On behalf of the nursing team, we'd like to thank our community for your kind donations and wish you all the very best for the festive season."
You may also want to watch:
Weston Hospicecare, which is based in Uphill, has a team of 10 community nurses who care for hundreds of patients and their families in their own homes across North Somerset and Somerset.
Katie added: "This is such a friendly place to live and work, I am so glad I can make a difference here, caring for people who are facing the most difficult time of their lives."
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 6 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple