T4 On The Beach back in Weston
THIS year s T4 On The Beach spectacular will be held on Weston s sands for the fourth time in a row, the Weston & Somerset Mercury can exclusively reveal. The move comes after an initial clash of dates with the resort s International HeliDays Plus, whic
THIS year's T4 On The Beach spectacular will be held on Weston's sands for the fourth time in a row, the Weston & Somerset Mercury can exclusively reveal.
The move comes after an initial clash of dates with the resort's International HeliDays Plus, which could have put the musical extravaganza in jeopardy.
T4 On The Beach organisers originally asked for July 27, the same date as the popular helicopter show. The Helicopter Museum in Locking, which arranges HeliDays, did not want to switch dates for its event, which has been held on the Beach Lawns for the past 17 years.
But now the problem has been resolved and the company behind the pop-filled party has said it will return to the resort again this year.
You may also want to watch:
Channel Four has only ever returned to the same place once for its annual musical spectacular and has never been back to the same town on more than two occasions.
Last year's pop-filled party, which was broadcast across the country on Channel Four, saw high profile acts like The Kaiser Chiefs, Girls Aloud, Natasha Bedingfield, Mika, McFly, Akon, Kate Nash and Sophie Ellis-Bextor treading along Weston's sands at the sell-out show. It brought an estimated £3million to the resort.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 6 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 9 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse
An undisclosed date for the event has now been agreed.
Following T4 On The Beach last year North Somerset Council's executive member for tourism, Cllr Elfan Ap Rees, said: "It puts Weston firmly on the map, showing what a superb location it is and how successful it is in attracting and hosting high-profile national events.
"We have already had very positive feedback from the organisers, Done and Dusted and Channel 4. They were absolutely thrilled with the event.
"As far as next year goes, we will no doubt be facing tough competition again from other resorts desperate to host the event, but we will be doing everything we can to get T4 On The Beach back to Weston for a fourth year in a row.