DON’T MISS: Take That announce Bristol show
- Credit: Archant
One of the nation’s biggest boy bands will celebrate 30 years of music making with a landmark UK tour.
Take That’s 30th Anniversary Tour will see the likes of Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen will grace the stage of Bristol’s Ashton Gate to chart the success of some of their number one tracks.
To coincide with the UK stadium and arena tour, the band has announced the release of their re-imagined greatest hits album, Odyssey, which promises to take listeners through the incredible musical history of one of the country’s most successful bands.
Barlow, Donald and Owen continue the legacy of the band which has seen British chart success since forming as a five-piece in 1989 – then joined by Jason Orange and Robbie Williams.
The group saw immediate success with their first two albums charting at number two and number one respectively.
Their third album, Nobody Else, confirmed their global domination with more than six million copies being sold and chart-topping success in 11 countries.
The departure of band member Robbie Williams prompted a break-up in 1996 and left the nation heartbroken.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 5 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 6 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 9 Budding Worle sporting stars honoured at Oscar-style award ceremony
- 10 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
But after nine years, the remaining four members joined forces once again in 2005 for The Ultimate Tour.
This sparked one of the greatest comebacks in British music history with Take That going on to release three number one albums in just four years.
The return of Williams for 2011’s Progress saw them break the record for the fastest selling album of the 21st century – taking the crown from Coldplay.
Take That’s longevity and ability to create timeless pop music has taken them to the summit of British pop music.
Odyssey kicks off the celebratory year on November 23 and will feature 27 tracks spanning three decades of the band’s history from their 1992 debut Take That And Party, right up to the present day.
The album will also feature a host of special guests as well as three brand new tracks.
Take That will be at the Bristol’s Ashton Gate Stadium on May 28 next year.
Tickets, priced £55-99, will go on sale at 9.30am September 28 at www.ticketmaster.co.uk