Tank safety warning

AN ADVICE leaflet about immersion tanks has been given out in Sedgemoor after the inquest into the death of a baby who was burned in Somerset was held.

AN ADVICE leaflet about immersion tanks has been given out in Sedgemoor after the inquest into the death of a baby who was burned in Somerset was held.

Sedgemoor District Council has issued an advice leaflet for homeowners, tenants, landlords and people in the plumbing industry about the potential risks of burst hot water immersion tanks and were the thermostat has failed and the tank is in the roof.

The news comes after an inquest into Rhianna Hardie's death. The 10-month-old tot from Taunton died in November 2006 after the water tank above her cot burst, causing her 95 per cent burns.

The leaflet is available from the council offices in Cheddar, off Church Street and Bridgwater.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus