Workshop with asbestos damaged in fire

PUBLISHED: 10:04 23 June 2018 | UPDATED: 10:04 23 June 2018

The fire broke out in Tarnock.

The fire broke out in Tarnock.


A commercial building on a Somerset farm was partly damaged in a fire this morning (Saturday).

Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service was called to Manor Farm in Tarnock at 5.38am.

The incident involved a workshop made of stone and asbestos sheeting.

Some of the fire damaged involved a small office and a vehicle inside the building.

Fire crews isolated the electrics and used a thermal imaging camera to check for hotspots.

The cause of the fire was accidental, and safety produces regarding asbestos and decontamination were carried out.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists