Teddy bears sent from Weston to Czech Republic
- Credit: Sub
A Weston couple has shipped dozens of bears off to unwell children in Europe.
Veronika Seitzova and her partner Amber Moule collected teddies for children who are being treated in hospital in the Czech Republic.
Veronika, who moved to England in 2017 from the country, wanted to ‘send some positive energy and power’ to the children and make them smile.
In the Czech Republic, the teddy is a symbol of friendship and, with the help of Notaro Homecare where Veronika works, the pair were able to collect more than 50 teddy bears to ship over.
The bears arrived in time for the children to receive them at Christmas.
The couple have already started to make plans to do the same again next year.
Veronika said: “I really do appreciate the kindness of everyone who has donated and I really cannot thank them enough.
- 1 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 2 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 3 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 4 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
- 5 IN THE DOCK: Man in court after using daughter's blue badge to park in Weston
- 6 NINE vehicles damaged by fire in apparent arson spree in Weston
- 7 Plan for 115 new homes in village rejected
- 8 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 9 McDonald's hopes to open restaurant at business park near M5
- 10 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
“I would also like to thank Notaro Homecare for playing such a big part with this.”