Teddy bears sent from Weston to Czech Republic
- Credit: Sub
A Weston couple has shipped dozens of bears off to unwell children in Europe.
Veronika Seitzova and her partner Amber Moule collected teddies for children who are being treated in hospital in the Czech Republic.
Veronika, who moved to England in 2017 from the country, wanted to ‘send some positive energy and power’ to the children and make them smile.
In the Czech Republic, the teddy is a symbol of friendship and, with the help of Notaro Homecare where Veronika works, the pair were able to collect more than 50 teddy bears to ship over.
The bears arrived in time for the children to receive them at Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The couple have already started to make plans to do the same again next year.
Veronika said: “I really do appreciate the kindness of everyone who has donated and I really cannot thank them enough.
- 1 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 2 Record fuel prices pose health threat for Weston parent
- 3 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 4 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
- 5 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 8 Bristol and Weston NHS charities merge under new name
- 9 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 10 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
“I would also like to thank Notaro Homecare for playing such a big part with this.”