Teen charged with Weston murder
- Credit: Archant
A TEENAGER has been charged with murder following a death in Weston over the weekend.
Mark Roberts, aged 35, was the victim of an ‘unprovoked attack’ in the early hours of Saturday morning in Baildon Road on the Bournville Estate.
He received multiple head wounds and died in hospital on Sunday.
A 17-year-old was charged with murder last night (Mon) and will appear at North Somerset Courthouse today (Tues).
His identity has not been made public because he is aged under 18.
Detective Superintendent Mark Saunders, who is part of the investigation team, said: “This was an unprovoked assault which was witnessed by a significant number of people.
“At the moment there are a number of rumours circulating and I ask people not to listen to these.
You may also want to watch:
“Our investigation is piecing together what happened but what we really need is, to speak to any further witnesses.
“We have already spoken to a number of people as part of our investigation but we know there are others who have not yet come forward.”
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 3 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 4 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 5 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 6 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 7 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 8 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 9 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 10 Rotary club plants thousands of flowers for charity
He called on witnesses to come forward by calling the police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Friends of Mr Roberts have been speaking of their loss over the past few days, with a number of bouquets placed at the scene (pictured) and dozens heading online to post emotional tributes.