New salon thanked for NHS support
- Credit: Archant
A Weston salon that had opened just three weeks prior to lockdown is being thanked for taking part in a national initiative that offered a day’s free service to frontline NHS workers.
Unwavered by the strange circumstances, Unique salon owner Emma Taylor, was confident her clients would return and decided to do her bit to help when she heard about National Hair Sunday.
Sarah Tester, aged 48, was among other customers at the salon in Locking Road.
Sarah was treated to a 10-minute session in a massage chair, before having refreshments while her hair was cut and styled.
She said: “I am very grateful to receive thanks in this way,
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit embarrassing, because I was just doing my job, but it’s nice to be appreciated.”
Emma said: “It was an amazing day, I was fully booked and got to meet some new people. We are getting back into the swing of things.”
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset