New salon thanked for NHS support
- Credit: Archant
A Weston salon that had opened just three weeks prior to lockdown is being thanked for taking part in a national initiative that offered a day’s free service to frontline NHS workers.
Unwavered by the strange circumstances, Unique salon owner Emma Taylor, was confident her clients would return and decided to do her bit to help when she heard about National Hair Sunday.
Sarah Tester, aged 48, was among other customers at the salon in Locking Road.
Sarah was treated to a 10-minute session in a massage chair, before having refreshments while her hair was cut and styled.
She said: “I am very grateful to receive thanks in this way,
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit embarrassing, because I was just doing my job, but it’s nice to be appreciated.”
Emma said: “It was an amazing day, I was fully booked and got to meet some new people. We are getting back into the swing of things.”
- 1 Second rapid testing centre unveiled in Weston
- 2 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston
- 3 Weston accountant sees business thrive during lockdowns
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Secondary school to expand to second site expected to cost £30million
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 9 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 10 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal