New salon thanked for NHS support
- Credit: Archant
A Weston salon that had opened just three weeks prior to lockdown is being thanked for taking part in a national initiative that offered a day’s free service to frontline NHS workers.
Unwavered by the strange circumstances, Unique salon owner Emma Taylor, was confident her clients would return and decided to do her bit to help when she heard about National Hair Sunday.
Sarah Tester, aged 48, was among other customers at the salon in Locking Road.
Sarah was treated to a 10-minute session in a massage chair, before having refreshments while her hair was cut and styled.
She said: “I am very grateful to receive thanks in this way,
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a bit embarrassing, because I was just doing my job, but it’s nice to be appreciated.”
Emma said: “It was an amazing day, I was fully booked and got to meet some new people. We are getting back into the swing of things.”
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences