WATCH: Thatcher family members star in cider ad narrated by Bill Bailey
- Credit: Thatchers Cider
Thatchers Cider has announced the upcoming premiere of its latest TV advert, narrated by comedian Bill Bailey.
The ad, called ‘Family’, was created by award-winning director Steve Reeves and features members of the real Thatchers family.
Fourth-generation cidermaker and managing director Martin Thatcher plays a cameo role alongside Anne and Eleanor.
Myrtle Farm cidermakers Richard Johnson and Sophie Jennings also star in the piece.
Martin Thatcher said: “This is an ad that is warm with a smile in its heart. We hope everyone will be able to relate to it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Sandford-based company has seen a 108 per cent sales increase over the past 12 weeks of lockdown, according to data providers Information Resources Incorporated.
Martin added: “The sense of family runs very strongly throughout all we do at Thatchers, from our heritage and traditions, through to our quality and expertise in cider making.
- 1 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 4 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 5 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 6 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 7 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 10 Live music returns to village this weekend
“It is something we are very proud of and we know it is something that will always stay true. There has never been a better time to reinforce the message of family and caring.”