WATCH: Thatcher family members star in cider ad narrated by Bill Bailey
- Credit: Thatchers Cider
Thatchers Cider has announced the upcoming premiere of its latest TV advert, narrated by comedian Bill Bailey.
The ad, called ‘Family’, was created by award-winning director Steve Reeves and features members of the real Thatchers family.
Fourth-generation cidermaker and managing director Martin Thatcher plays a cameo role alongside Anne and Eleanor.
Myrtle Farm cidermakers Richard Johnson and Sophie Jennings also star in the piece.
Martin Thatcher said: “This is an ad that is warm with a smile in its heart. We hope everyone will be able to relate to it.”
You may also want to watch:
The Sandford-based company has seen a 108 per cent sales increase over the past 12 weeks of lockdown, according to data providers Information Resources Incorporated.
Martin added: “The sense of family runs very strongly throughout all we do at Thatchers, from our heritage and traditions, through to our quality and expertise in cider making.
- 1 Coronavirus cases in North Somerset at highest ever daily rate
- 2 Hundreds of children told to isolate after eight schools confirm coronavirus cases
- 3 Sharp rise in coronavirus cases in over 60s
- 4 Local Plan proposals for development in North Somerset
- 5 Weston homeless charity announces new location to help vulnerable people during winter
- 6 Football association charges club and players following investigation after abandoned match
- 7 North Somerset to move into tier 3 after end of nationwide lockdown
- 8 Businessman launches two-in-one facemasks in support of MIND charity
- 9 MPs brand placing North Somerset into tier 3 restrictions 'not right' and 'illogical'
- 10 Weston-super-Mare duo sentenced for drug offences
“It is something we are very proud of and we know it is something that will always stay true. There has never been a better time to reinforce the message of family and caring.”