WATCH: Thatcher family members star in cider ad narrated by Bill Bailey
- Credit: Thatchers Cider
Thatchers Cider has announced the upcoming premiere of its latest TV advert, narrated by comedian Bill Bailey.
The ad, called ‘Family’, was created by award-winning director Steve Reeves and features members of the real Thatchers family.
Fourth-generation cidermaker and managing director Martin Thatcher plays a cameo role alongside Anne and Eleanor.
Myrtle Farm cidermakers Richard Johnson and Sophie Jennings also star in the piece.
Martin Thatcher said: “This is an ad that is warm with a smile in its heart. We hope everyone will be able to relate to it.”
The Sandford-based company has seen a 108 per cent sales increase over the past 12 weeks of lockdown, according to data providers Information Resources Incorporated.
Martin added: “The sense of family runs very strongly throughout all we do at Thatchers, from our heritage and traditions, through to our quality and expertise in cider making.
- 1 Two cases of Omicron Covid variant in Somerset after PARTY, say officials
- 2 Convicted murderer to appeal against sentence - claiming media footage ‘impeded’ fair trial
- 3 Eight people hit with fines for public space breaches in Weston
- 4 Rural 12-acre plot to be developed
- 5 Weston nursing home revs up for Rosa Ferrari's 100th birthday celebrations
- 6 ELECTION: Labour announce Weston Central ward candidate
- 7 50 arrests made in SIX DAYS after launch of Christmas drink-driving campaign
- 8 Elderly couple targeted by distraction burglars
- 9 Storm Barra expected to bring high winds to South West
- 10 Band to fundraise for Weston General radio station
“It is something we are very proud of and we know it is something that will always stay true. There has never been a better time to reinforce the message of family and caring.”