Thatchers Foundation gives cash boost to theatre company
- Credit: Neil Phillips photo and film Lim
A theatre company has received £2,500 to enable staff to run more sessions for children and adults with additional needs.
Appleshed Inclusive Theatre Company in Congresbury was given the donation from the Thatchers Foundation.
Anne Thatcher, trustee of the Thatchers Foundation said: "This is an awe-inspiring theatre group which has great ambitions to start more sessions in other Somerset towns and villages.
"We're delighted to present them with this donation to not only benefit the members who join in the workshops at the moment, but in the future."
Appleshed founder Jan Thomson said: "Our groups and the performances we stage are truly joyful and encourage integration across all abilities through drama, music, movement, song and games.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a very generous and welcome donation from the Thatchers Foundation that will be put to excellent use for the benefit of all our practitioners, students and volunteers."
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 3 Meet the owners of Weston's only seafood restaurant
- 4 Five sites get Green Flag status
- 5 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 6 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 9 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 10 Doctors could be under pressure if changes to surgery boundaries are not implemented