Thatchers Foundation gives cash boost to theatre company
- Credit: Neil Phillips photo and film Lim
A theatre company has received £2,500 to enable staff to run more sessions for children and adults with additional needs.
Appleshed Inclusive Theatre Company in Congresbury was given the donation from the Thatchers Foundation.
Anne Thatcher, trustee of the Thatchers Foundation said: "This is an awe-inspiring theatre group which has great ambitions to start more sessions in other Somerset towns and villages.
"We're delighted to present them with this donation to not only benefit the members who join in the workshops at the moment, but in the future."
Appleshed founder Jan Thomson said: "Our groups and the performances we stage are truly joyful and encourage integration across all abilities through drama, music, movement, song and games.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a very generous and welcome donation from the Thatchers Foundation that will be put to excellent use for the benefit of all our practitioners, students and volunteers."
- 1 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 6 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 7 How to order free Covid home tests
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 10 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor