The Charlatans announce Bristol gig in 30th anniversary tour
- Credit: SonicPR
Manchester rock band The Charlatans have announced its 30th-anniversary tour will pay a visit to Bristol's O2 Academy later this year.
Tim Burgess and his bandmates will roll out their A Head Full Of Ideas tour a year later than scheduled due to the Covid pandemic.
The shows will feature songs from their 13 top 40 albums, three of which reached number one.
A best-of compilation album will also be released on October 15 to mark the year-late anniversary and will be available in the form of a six-part vinyl LP box set.
The classic Charlatans sound - driving Hammond organ, Northern Soul and house-influenced rhythms, swaggering guitars and Burgess’s vocal - is instantly recognisable.
The indie outfit will kick off their tour on November 22 in Belfast before eventually stopping in Bristol on November 26.
Tickets are available now and priced at £32.50.
To purchase tickets, log on to www.thecharlatans.net/gigs
- 1 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 Puxton Park pumpkin patch now open
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 WIN: Tickets to The Magic Of Motown
- 6 Man jailed for knife possession offence
- 7 Yeo Valley extends open days for award-winning garden
- 8 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
- 9 Banwell bypass route chosen
- 10 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess