Weston man praised for years of service
- Credit: Neil Gibson
A Weston man has been awarded a ‘prestigious honour’.
The Friends Of The Playhouse presented its membership secretary, Andrew Gibson, with life membership to the club as thanks for long service.
David Kingsbury, press and publicity officer, said: “Andrew carries out this demanding role, as we now have more than 450 members, in a quiet and unassuming way which is why we have presented him with this prestigious honour.”
The Friends were formed in 1991 and is a voluntary organisation of like-minded people.
Over the years, members have raised funds to contribute towards new aids, a piano, lighting and sound equipment as well as supporting the provision of a stair lift.
You may also want to watch:
To join the Friends, visit www.theplayhouse.co.uk with memberships costing £5-10 or lifetime memberships cost £100.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 10 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?