Weston man praised for years of service
- Credit: Neil Gibson
A Weston man has been awarded a ‘prestigious honour’.
The Friends Of The Playhouse presented its membership secretary, Andrew Gibson, with life membership to the club as thanks for long service.
David Kingsbury, press and publicity officer, said: “Andrew carries out this demanding role, as we now have more than 450 members, in a quiet and unassuming way which is why we have presented him with this prestigious honour.”
The Friends were formed in 1991 and is a voluntary organisation of like-minded people.
Over the years, members have raised funds to contribute towards new aids, a piano, lighting and sound equipment as well as supporting the provision of a stair lift.
You may also want to watch:
To join the Friends, visit www.theplayhouse.co.uk with memberships costing £5-10 or lifetime memberships cost £100.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Inadequate care home responds
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street