Weston man praised for years of service
- Credit: Neil Gibson
A Weston man has been awarded a ‘prestigious honour’.
The Friends Of The Playhouse presented its membership secretary, Andrew Gibson, with life membership to the club as thanks for long service.
David Kingsbury, press and publicity officer, said: “Andrew carries out this demanding role, as we now have more than 450 members, in a quiet and unassuming way which is why we have presented him with this prestigious honour.”
The Friends were formed in 1991 and is a voluntary organisation of like-minded people.
Over the years, members have raised funds to contribute towards new aids, a piano, lighting and sound equipment as well as supporting the provision of a stair lift.
You may also want to watch:
To join the Friends, visit www.theplayhouse.co.uk with memberships costing £5-10 or lifetime memberships cost £100.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 3 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 6 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 9 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 10 Hundreds head to town for Weston Bike Night