‘Fabulous’ festive fair raises hundreds for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas fair has raised hundreds of pounds for Weston Hospicecare.
The Friends of Weston Hospicecare put on the festive fundraiser at the charity’s headquarters in Jackson-Barstow House.
Families stocked up on seasonal items and enjoyed some festive games, raising £2,700 for the cause.
Director of fundraising Alison Sopp told the Mercury: “A huge thank you to our wonderful friends of the hospice and to everyone who came and supported us at Jackson-Barstow House for the annual friends of Weston Hospicecare Christmas fair.
“We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and a huge thanks to those who contributed to raising more than £2,700 for the hospice.
“It was a fabulous event in what was an extremely busy day for the hospice, with fundraising events happening across Weston.”
The charity, based in Uphill, was helpfully supported by Weston College, Moorhens WI and the Hutton-based friends throughout the day.
- 1 7 rescue pets looking for forever homes this Christmas in Somerset
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on and festivities announced for Weston
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Somerset?
- 4 Strong winds expected across Somerset this weekend
- 5 Charity ball raises thousands for Cancer Research
- 6 Castle Batch monument uncovered
- 7 Man sentenced to at least 24 years for trying to kill his parents
- 8 Weston pub attracts crowds for Christmas light switch on
- 9 Tributes paid to 'bright, beautiful, gentle soul' who died after being found injured
- 10 Weston RAF Association to host Cooking with Heroes book launch