‘Fabulous’ festive fair raises hundreds for Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
A Christmas fair has raised hundreds of pounds for Weston Hospicecare.
The Friends of Weston Hospicecare put on the festive fundraiser at the charity’s headquarters in Jackson-Barstow House.
Families stocked up on seasonal items and enjoyed some festive games, raising £2,700 for the cause.
Director of fundraising Alison Sopp told the Mercury: “A huge thank you to our wonderful friends of the hospice and to everyone who came and supported us at Jackson-Barstow House for the annual friends of Weston Hospicecare Christmas fair.
“We hope everyone enjoyed themselves and a huge thanks to those who contributed to raising more than £2,700 for the hospice.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a fabulous event in what was an extremely busy day for the hospice, with fundraising events happening across Weston.”
The charity, based in Uphill, was helpfully supported by Weston College, Moorhens WI and the Hutton-based friends throughout the day.
- 1 Around 3,000 patients leave Weston surgery after being 'fed up with problems'
- 2 Crews tackle large fire at Burnham-on-Sea pier
- 3 Weston's Party in the Park 'biggest yet'
- 4 Tributes flood in for 'one in a million' Terry
- 5 Artist creates giant image of band on Brean beach
- 6 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 7 Legendary DJ to perform in Weston this weekend
- 8 Weston Rotary Club celebrate 100 years
- 9 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset