WIN: Family tickets to The Lego Movie 2 at Weston-super-Mare Odeon
- Credit: LEGO Movie
The LEGO Movie 2 is being shown at the Odeon in Weston – and the Mercury is giving readers a chance to win family tickets to see the film.
The highly-anticipated sequel to The LEGO Movie film is due to be screened in the town, which ‘reunites the heroes of Bricksburg to save their beloved city’.
The first film was released five years ago, where LEGO characters found themselves ‘on a mission to stop an evil tyrant’s plans, Lord Business voiced by Will Ferrell, to conquer the world’.
Lead character Emmet is voiced by Chris Pratt, who is joined by a cast of well-known celebrities including Elizabeth Banks as his friend Lucy, as well as Will Arnett as Batman.
The characters must ‘battle to defeat the LEGO DUPLO invaders and restore harmony to the universe.’
The original LEGO Movie was named the number one film at the UK box office in 2014, which beat The Inbetweeners 2 and the Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes.
It made £34.27million, and director’s Chris Miller and Phil Lord gained a BAFTA Award for Best Animated Film in 2015.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 10 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
In total, the film gained six awards – including an AACTA Award for Best Visual Effects Or Animation in the same year.
The Mercury has teamed up with the Odeon to offer two lucky readers the chance to win a family ticket to see the show.
To enter the competition, answer the following question: In which year was the first The LEGO Movie film released?
Send your answer, along with your name, address and telephone number, to The LEGO Movie 2 competition, Weston & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW.
Alternatively, you can enter the competition online at www.westonmercury.co.uk
The deadline to enter is 10am on February 14.
By entering this competition, you agree to be contacted by Archant about it. Usual rules apply, and the editor’s decision is final.