Amateur dramatics group wins accolades at annual ceremony
- Credit: The Mendip Players
The Mendip Players won two awards at a ceremony held in Plymouth.
The Draycott amateur dramatics group travelled more than 100 miles to attend the event in March.
Its members picked up an achievement award for impressive professionalism and runner-up for basic programme.
Winners were announced at the National Operatic and Dramatic Association’s (NODA) annual dinner held at the Crowne Plaza hotel.
A spokesman for the players said: “It was a great night and we’re very proud to accept these awards on behalf of everyone who is involved with the players.”
You may also want to watch:
Club member Roger Reeson also received a 10 year long service award from NODA on the night.
The association has been working to help and support amateur theatre companies since 1899.
- 1 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 2 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 3 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 4 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 5 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 8 John Penrose column: Goodbye to Sir David Amess
- 9 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 10 Stone Roses songs to be recreated in Weston
For more information about the club and for future productions, visit www.themendip players.co.uk