Amateur dramatics group wins accolades at annual ceremony
- Credit: The Mendip Players
The Mendip Players won two awards at a ceremony held in Plymouth.
The Draycott amateur dramatics group travelled more than 100 miles to attend the event in March.
Its members picked up an achievement award for impressive professionalism and runner-up for basic programme.
Winners were announced at the National Operatic and Dramatic Association’s (NODA) annual dinner held at the Crowne Plaza hotel.
A spokesman for the players said: “It was a great night and we’re very proud to accept these awards on behalf of everyone who is involved with the players.”
Club member Roger Reeson also received a 10 year long service award from NODA on the night.
The association has been working to help and support amateur theatre companies since 1899.
- 1 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 4 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 5 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 6 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 Construction finally begins for special educational needs school
For more information about the club and for future productions, visit www.themendip players.co.uk