Amateur dramatics group wins accolades at annual ceremony
- Credit: The Mendip Players
The Mendip Players won two awards at a ceremony held in Plymouth.
The Draycott amateur dramatics group travelled more than 100 miles to attend the event in March.
Its members picked up an achievement award for impressive professionalism and runner-up for basic programme.
Winners were announced at the National Operatic and Dramatic Association’s (NODA) annual dinner held at the Crowne Plaza hotel.
A spokesman for the players said: “It was a great night and we’re very proud to accept these awards on behalf of everyone who is involved with the players.”
You may also want to watch:
Club member Roger Reeson also received a 10 year long service award from NODA on the night.
The association has been working to help and support amateur theatre companies since 1899.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Worle man becomes South West's record blood plasma donor
For more information about the club and for future productions, visit www.themendip players.co.uk