Amateur dramatics group wins accolades at annual ceremony
- Credit: The Mendip Players
The Mendip Players won two awards at a ceremony held in Plymouth.
The Draycott amateur dramatics group travelled more than 100 miles to attend the event in March.
Its members picked up an achievement award for impressive professionalism and runner-up for basic programme.
Winners were announced at the National Operatic and Dramatic Association’s (NODA) annual dinner held at the Crowne Plaza hotel.
A spokesman for the players said: “It was a great night and we’re very proud to accept these awards on behalf of everyone who is involved with the players.”
You may also want to watch:
Club member Roger Reeson also received a 10 year long service award from NODA on the night.
The association has been working to help and support amateur theatre companies since 1899.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 3 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 4 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 5 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 8 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 9 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 10 Cinemas reopen after easing of lockdown restrictions
For more information about the club and for future productions, visit www.themendip players.co.uk