First look at panto stars who promise ‘visual spectacular’ at The Playhouse
- Credit: Archant
The star of Weston’s upcoming pantomime says audiences will be treated to a ‘visual spectacular’ at The Playhouse this winter.
The theatre, in High Street, hosted a launch event on Tuesday for Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs which will run from December 13 to January 5.
Taking on the role of the Wicked Queen is actress, model and panto veteran Linda Lusardi while Snow White will be played by former The Voice contestant Lucy Kane – who is also Linda’s daughter.
Although the pair have never visited Weston before they have been impressed by the ‘gorgeous’ theatre and are excited to take their family dynamic to the stage.
Linda said: “We are very excited that we are right by the sea, and we found a fish and chip shop and nail bar all in a matter of minutes.
“The restaurants along the seafront look really nice so I think we are going to have a fabulous time.
“The theatre is gorgeous – really well-kept.
- 1 Pictures show police deal with man on rooftops in Weston
- 2 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 3 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 4 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 5 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 6 Weather warning issued for thunderstorms across Somerset
- 7 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 8 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
- 9 Consultation on resident parking zones launched to reduce traffic in Weston
- 10 Police appeal after hit-and-run in Weston
“The dressing rooms are nice and we can’t wait to start now.
“The pantomime is going to be a visual spectacular.
“We have a strong comic so it is going to be high in humour, high in drama and with great special effects.”
Lucy added: “It will be so much fun.
“We have never been the kind of mum and daughter to argue so any pent-up frustration she can take out on stage now by being mean to me.
“My mum did Snow White playing the Wicked Queen for most of my childhood.
“I watched that show and so I have always wished I could be the Snow White to her Wicked Queen and we have finally made it happen.”
The show’s dame will be played by Richard Alan while writer and director Mike Goble returns from his role as Wishy Washy in Aladdin last year to become Muddles.
Mike said: “It is definitely going to be a show which will deliver for the whole family.
“Kids want a story to follow from start to finish and it will be jam-packed with songs, dance, merriment and mayhem.”
Tickets are priced £19.95-24.50, or £18 for the opening night, and can be booked online or by calling 01934 645544.