Friends of The Playhouse take guests on tours of the theatre
- Credit: Archant
Visitors were given a tour behind the scenes of Weston’s Playhouse theatre at the weekend.
Voluntary group the Friends of the Playhouse took hundreds of people around the venue to show and explain its history and inner workings.
Visitors were taken into the theatre itself, up to the lighting desk and got to have a glimpse of the backstage area.
They also heard about the work which goes in to running The Playhouse, in High Street, on a daily basis.
The Friends were formed in 1991 and have since gone on to raise more than £250,000 for the theatre.
The group’s generosity has enabled theatre bosses to invest in equipment including a new lighting and sound board, stage curtains and a piano.
The Friends also help out on performance days by taking tickets and selling programmes.
- 1 Man attacked with axe in Weston
- 2 WATCH: Cars get caught out by tide on Weston beach
- 3 Boat sinks off Weston coast
- 4 'Tragedy' as hundreds of fish die in Weston pond
- 5 Weston MP slams council for bus cuts in North Somerset
- 6 Weston Labour launch campaign to halt bus cuts in North Somerset
- 7 Life-sized suffragette made of Lego to tour Weston next week
- 8 See Monster viewing platform to open next week
- 9 Person dies after incident at Weston's Marine Lake
- 10 Man jailed for savage attack on three women at Weston pub
For more details, call The Playhouse on 01934 645544.