Appeal for donations to feed children when schools close
- Credit: Archant
A Weston venue is collecting food donations to give out to children when schools close due to the coronavirus.
Staff at The Stable, in Wadham Street, are keen to help children from low-income families who are entitled to free school meals.
Manager Jemma Coles said: “We are worried about children in the community who may not have access to food as they are entitled to free school meals.
“We want to offer free breakfasts and lunches for children when the schools close.”
The Stable is appealing for donations of non-perishable lunchbox items, cereals and tupperware boxes to enable them to dish out the food.
You may also want to watch:
They are also keen to hear from anyone who owns an ice cream van and could help out with deliveries. Families will be able to pick up lunches from The Stable, or from delivery vehicles.
To help out, you can drop items off at venue, or donate at www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/thestable
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 3 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 4 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 5 How to order free Covid home tests
- 6 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 7 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 8 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic
- 9 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder