Appeal for donations to feed children when schools close
- Credit: Archant
A Weston venue is collecting food donations to give out to children when schools close due to the coronavirus.
Staff at The Stable, in Wadham Street, are keen to help children from low-income families who are entitled to free school meals.
Manager Jemma Coles said: “We are worried about children in the community who may not have access to food as they are entitled to free school meals.
“We want to offer free breakfasts and lunches for children when the schools close.”
The Stable is appealing for donations of non-perishable lunchbox items, cereals and tupperware boxes to enable them to dish out the food.
You may also want to watch:
They are also keen to hear from anyone who owns an ice cream van and could help out with deliveries. Families will be able to pick up lunches from The Stable, or from delivery vehicles.
To help out, you can drop items off at venue, or donate at www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/thestable
- 1 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 2 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 5 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 6 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 7 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Man charged in connection with county lines drug dealing in Weston