Appeal for donations to feed children when schools close
- Credit: Archant
A Weston venue is collecting food donations to give out to children when schools close due to the coronavirus.
Staff at The Stable, in Wadham Street, are keen to help children from low-income families who are entitled to free school meals.
Manager Jemma Coles said: “We are worried about children in the community who may not have access to food as they are entitled to free school meals.
“We want to offer free breakfasts and lunches for children when the schools close.”
The Stable is appealing for donations of non-perishable lunchbox items, cereals and tupperware boxes to enable them to dish out the food.
You may also want to watch:
They are also keen to hear from anyone who owns an ice cream van and could help out with deliveries. Families will be able to pick up lunches from The Stable, or from delivery vehicles.
To help out, you can drop items off at venue, or donate at www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/thestable
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 3 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 4 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half
- 5 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 6 Council rejected for grant to preserve Iron Age monument
- 7 Wheelchair Rugby Gold medallist surprises Weston pupils
- 8 Weston will get a bowling alley next year
- 9 Bleadon-cold: Council's gritters return with sustainable fuel
- 10 Man jailed for knife possession offence