EXCLUSIVE: RuPaul’s Drag Race UK winner to headline Weston Pride 2020
- Credit: Weston Pride
Weston Pride has just revealed its 2020 line-up.
A RuPaul Drag Race queen, former X Factor singer and comedian will take to the stage at one of Weston’s most anticipated events of the year.
RuPaul’s Drag Race UK series-one winner, The Vivienne, will headline the first day of Pride in Weston’s Beach Lawns in July.
The two-day extravaganza will also see acts including former X Factor singer Bella Penfold, who made it through to the quarter finals in series 15 of the ITV show, and Ronan Parke, runner-up in the fifth series of Britain’s Got Talent in 2011.
South London singer Angie Brown, known for her songs I’m Gonna Get You, released in 1992, and Took My Love in 1993, will return to headline the second day of the event.
Pride regulars Fanny Burns and comedian and screenwriter Jordan Gray will also host the event on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
Director of Weston Pride, Nigel Briers, said: “Weston Pride is delighted to announce the headliner for 2020 is winner of RuPaul Drag Race UK 2019, The Vivienne, who will appear on the event’s main stage on July 18 at 3pm.
- 1 Two Weston men charged with murder after man dies in Wiveliscombe
- 2 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
- 3 Haywood Village set for historic first-ever Jubilee celebration
- 4 Busy route to Bristol to close for roadworks next week
- 5 Police rescue broken down bride - and get her to the wedding on time
- 6 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
- 7 Cadbury House to host open air cinema for the summer
- 8 PICTURES: More than a dozen cars damaged in Weston arson attacks
- 9 Thatchers donate apple trees in Worle for community orchard project
- 10 Police hunt suspected arsonist after rampage in Weston
“What an amazing act to reach out to our community.”
Other drag artists performing at Pride in summer include Stephanie-Von-Clitz, Arina Fox and Tina Sparkle.
A plethora of singers will also take over the event, including Sam Callahan, Weston favourite Kelly Griggs and Welsh singer Lloyd Daniels.
Nigel continued: “We’ve listened to what people wanted to see, and the acts of RuPaul’s Drag Race was significant, especially for the younger generation.
“It’s absolutely awesome, and, once again, it will put our Pride on the map. Be Proud, Weston.”
Weston Pride revealed its line-up announcement at the town’s Proud Bar, in Boulevard, at its launch event tonight (Saturday).
Previous acts at Pride include band The Lipinski Brothers, as well as singers Nicki French and Michael Rice.
Weston Pride will be held at Beach Lawns on July 18 and 19 with times for both days to be confirmed.
For a full line-up list and to buy tickets for the event, visit www.wsmpride.com