EXCLUSIVE: RuPaul’s Drag Race UK winner to headline Weston Pride 2020
- Credit: Weston Pride
Weston Pride has just revealed its 2020 line-up.
A RuPaul Drag Race queen, former X Factor singer and comedian will take to the stage at one of Weston’s most anticipated events of the year.
RuPaul’s Drag Race UK series-one winner, The Vivienne, will headline the first day of Pride in Weston’s Beach Lawns in July.
The two-day extravaganza will also see acts including former X Factor singer Bella Penfold, who made it through to the quarter finals in series 15 of the ITV show, and Ronan Parke, runner-up in the fifth series of Britain’s Got Talent in 2011.
South London singer Angie Brown, known for her songs I’m Gonna Get You, released in 1992, and Took My Love in 1993, will return to headline the second day of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Pride regulars Fanny Burns and comedian and screenwriter Jordan Gray will also host the event on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.
Director of Weston Pride, Nigel Briers, said: “Weston Pride is delighted to announce the headliner for 2020 is winner of RuPaul Drag Race UK 2019, The Vivienne, who will appear on the event’s main stage on July 18 at 3pm.
- 1 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 2 Worle resident left with maggot-infested bins during heatwave
- 3 Electrical appliance retailer opens appliance showroom
- 4 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 5 Versatile extended cottage with annexe in rural village
- 6 Council backs call to improve poor health in seaside towns
- 7 Pub fun day raises hundreds of pounds for charities
- 8 Former mayor and mayoress of Weston celebrate diamond wedding
- 9 Water Adventure Play Park's water is off again
- 10 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
“What an amazing act to reach out to our community.”
Other drag artists performing at Pride in summer include Stephanie-Von-Clitz, Arina Fox and Tina Sparkle.
A plethora of singers will also take over the event, including Sam Callahan, Weston favourite Kelly Griggs and Welsh singer Lloyd Daniels.
Nigel continued: “We’ve listened to what people wanted to see, and the acts of RuPaul’s Drag Race was significant, especially for the younger generation.
“It’s absolutely awesome, and, once again, it will put our Pride on the map. Be Proud, Weston.”
Weston Pride revealed its line-up announcement at the town’s Proud Bar, in Boulevard, at its launch event tonight (Saturday).
Previous acts at Pride include band The Lipinski Brothers, as well as singers Nicki French and Michael Rice.
Weston Pride will be held at Beach Lawns on July 18 and 19 with times for both days to be confirmed.
For a full line-up list and to buy tickets for the event, visit www.wsmpride.com