New ‘exhilarating’ one-day free ‘fiesta of activity’ to be held in Weston’s town centre
- Credit: JMA Photography
A day of fun-filled live entertainment will take over Weston’s Italian Gardens for one day this summer.
Theatre Orchard and its new partners, Without Walls, will launch Whirligig in the town centre on July 13.
The action-packed event will feature an eclectic mix of stunning, outdoor entertainment from crowd-pulling international shows, wacky walkabout acts and dancing in the streets.
There will also be circus workshops, a craft area and a host of fun activities to take part in, including face painters, stilt walkers, a giant stegosaurus and a smoothie bike serving up freshly made refreshing drinks.
Among the programme highlights are Gandini Juggling's Eight Songs, a UK-based juggling act choreographed to eight classic rock 'n' roll songs and Ockham's Razor's Belly Of The Whale, a mesmerising act where the performers ride a giant semi-circular see-saw.
You may also want to watch:
Also expected to wow the crowd is Max Calaf Sevé's Dip, a stunning trampoline show with Spanish style and Acrojou's The Wheel House which will see the story of a travelling wheel on the road to nowhere in a beautifully comic universe told.
The shows are supported by Without Walls, England's biggest network of outdoor arts festivals.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 3 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Events in Weston and beyond to look forward to this summer
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
Theatre Orchard, based in Clevedon, has hosted a number of events in the town centre with regular shows at the Tropicana, in Marine Parade, and is now just one of Without Walls Touring Network Partnership's two organisations in the South West.
Creative director, Fiona Matthews, said: "Whirligig promises to be an exhilarating fiesta of activity by the sea, programmed with our trademark flair and sense of fun.
"We are excited to be working with some of the best acts on the international circuit, who will dazzle with their skills and energy alongside lots of activities for everyone to enjoy.
"And to make you whirl and twirl even more, it is all for free."
Whirligig follows the success of the WOW Weekend Of Wonders circus-themed extravaganza, presented by the theatre company for the past two years, which attracted thousands of people to the area.
The full festival line-up will be announced in the coming weeks at www.theatreorchard.org.uk