New ‘exhilarating’ one-day free ‘fiesta of activity’ to be held in Weston’s town centre
- Credit: JMA Photography
A day of fun-filled live entertainment will take over Weston’s Italian Gardens for one day this summer.
Theatre Orchard and its new partners, Without Walls, will launch Whirligig in the town centre on July 13.
The action-packed event will feature an eclectic mix of stunning, outdoor entertainment from crowd-pulling international shows, wacky walkabout acts and dancing in the streets.
There will also be circus workshops, a craft area and a host of fun activities to take part in, including face painters, stilt walkers, a giant stegosaurus and a smoothie bike serving up freshly made refreshing drinks.
Among the programme highlights are Gandini Juggling's Eight Songs, a UK-based juggling act choreographed to eight classic rock 'n' roll songs and Ockham's Razor's Belly Of The Whale, a mesmerising act where the performers ride a giant semi-circular see-saw.
Also expected to wow the crowd is Max Calaf Sevé's Dip, a stunning trampoline show with Spanish style and Acrojou's The Wheel House which will see the story of a travelling wheel on the road to nowhere in a beautifully comic universe told.
The shows are supported by Without Walls, England's biggest network of outdoor arts festivals.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 3 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 9 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 10 ITV This Morning to broadcast live from Weston
Theatre Orchard, based in Clevedon, has hosted a number of events in the town centre with regular shows at the Tropicana, in Marine Parade, and is now just one of Without Walls Touring Network Partnership's two organisations in the South West.
Creative director, Fiona Matthews, said: "Whirligig promises to be an exhilarating fiesta of activity by the sea, programmed with our trademark flair and sense of fun.
"We are excited to be working with some of the best acts on the international circuit, who will dazzle with their skills and energy alongside lots of activities for everyone to enjoy.
"And to make you whirl and twirl even more, it is all for free."
Whirligig follows the success of the WOW Weekend Of Wonders circus-themed extravaganza, presented by the theatre company for the past two years, which attracted thousands of people to the area.
The full festival line-up will be announced in the coming weeks at www.theatreorchard.org.uk