Five things to do in Weston-super-Mare this weekend
- Credit: Supplied
Feast on tasty slices of pizza and climb a church tower in Weston this weekend.
Here are five things you could be enjoying in and around Weston this weekend.
– Head over to Weston Museum, in Burlington Street, and dig for gold.
The museum will host a number of archaeology activities for children on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-5pm.
– The Friends of the Playhouse will swing the High Street theatre’s doors wide open on Saturday.
An open day will see people enjoy free tours of the theatre a and look behind the scenes of some of the shows performed at the Weston venue. The first tour will begin at 11am with the last group setting off at 3pm.
– Tuck into delicious pizza and sip on sweet prosecco at a festival at Weston’s Tropicana.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 4 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 7 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 8 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 9 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
The former lido, in Marine Parade, will play host to the one-off event which has sold more than 90 per cent of its tickets.
Guests are invited to enjoy wood-fired pizzas, dabble in some cocktail making and enjoy some live music.
The festival will run from noon to 11pm and tickets can be purchased through the event’s Facebook page.
– Climb the tower of Bleadon’s Church of St Peter and St Paul, in Coronation Road, and take in the stunning views of Bleadon, Weston and the surrounding area from the top.
Tower tours will be given on Sunday from 2-4pm and entry is £1.
Hear about the tower and church’s history and then enjoy a cup of tea and a cake which will be sold in the church.
– A festival of sound and healing will take place at the Old Town Quarry, in South Road, on Sunday.
There will be a number of free workshops to take part in, including in shamanic drumming, which will run from 11am-6pm.
There will be healers placed around the festival throughout the day as well.
If you are out and about this weekend then snap a photo and upload it to www.iwitness24.co.uk