Three fire engines called to house blaze
PUBLISHED: 13:13 27 June 2013
THREE fire engines were called out to a blaze after reports of smoke billowing out of a property's letterbox this morning (Thurs).
Firefighters from Cheddar, Winscombe and Blagdon were called to Nye Close in Cheddar to a home at 11am.
On arrival the crews found a fire on the cooker and began extinguishing the flames with a hosereel jet.
The staff were able to rescue a dog from the property.
Keep checking the Mercury website for any further updates on this incident.