Six-vehicle collision shuts lanes on M5
- Credit: Traffic England
A multi-vehicle collision has closed three lanes on the M5 today (Monday).
Severe delays of up to an hour and a half are expected on the M5 northbound between Weston's junction 21 and junction 20 (Clevedon) this afternoon.
A police spokesman said: "We were called to an incident at 2.40pm on the M5 northbound.
"Around six vehicles were involved and there were two casualties with non-life threatening injuries."
Tailbacks of more than six and a half miles are being experienced and the incident has forced people to travel on the hard shoulder to pass the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic England is advising people to consider alternative routes while the area is cordoned off.
It says normal traffic conditions are expected to resume by 6pm.
- 1 Temporary closure of Weston's Marine Lake
- 2 Owners address concerns raised over Weston donkeys during heatwave
- 3 GP surgery plans labelled 'unacceptable' by councillors
- 4 Popular Weston restaurant closes after nearly 60 years
- 5 Opening date announced for new supermarket
- 6 Covid warning issued in North Somerset
- 7 Garden waste service disrupted due to 'ongoing crew shortages'
- 8 Summer by the Sea: 'North Somerset is the place to be'
- 9 Green Party candidate elected to council following by-election win
- 10 Water Adventure Play Park switches water on again
**UPDATE, 5.07pm** - Two people have been treated at the scene, one has been taken to hospital. **UPDATE, 5.32pm** - All lanes are now open on the M5 following the earlier collision, but there are tailbacks leading up to Weston's Hildesheim Bridge.