Six-vehicle collision shuts lanes on M5
- Credit: Traffic England
A multi-vehicle collision has closed three lanes on the M5 today (Monday).
Severe delays of up to an hour and a half are expected on the M5 northbound between Weston's junction 21 and junction 20 (Clevedon) this afternoon.
A police spokesman said: "We were called to an incident at 2.40pm on the M5 northbound.
"Around six vehicles were involved and there were two casualties with non-life threatening injuries."
Tailbacks of more than six and a half miles are being experienced and the incident has forced people to travel on the hard shoulder to pass the scene.
Traffic England is advising people to consider alternative routes while the area is cordoned off.
It says normal traffic conditions are expected to resume by 6pm.
- 1 Weston's bodybuilding world champion dismisses misconceptions
- 2 Appeal after biker hospitalised in crash
- 3 Weston town centre improvement works to be 'finished in weeks'
- 4 Weston MP tells Boris Johnson UK childcare is among 'most unaffordable'
- 5 How Somerset's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 6 Extension to cycling route could be approved next year
- 7 Teachers at school take on Movember challenge
- 8 Weston street comes together to switch-on Christmas lights
- 9 Consultation to rename the Sovereign Centre begins tomorrow
- 10 A370 to close this evening for first of 10 nights of roadworks
**UPDATE, 5.07pm** - Two people have been treated at the scene, one has been taken to hospital. **UPDATE, 5.32pm** - All lanes are now open on the M5 following the earlier collision, but there are tailbacks leading up to Weston's Hildesheim Bridge.