Six-vehicle collision shuts lanes on M5
- Credit: Traffic England
A multi-vehicle collision has closed three lanes on the M5 today (Monday).
Severe delays of up to an hour and a half are expected on the M5 northbound between Weston's junction 21 and junction 20 (Clevedon) this afternoon.
A police spokesman said: "We were called to an incident at 2.40pm on the M5 northbound.
"Around six vehicles were involved and there were two casualties with non-life threatening injuries."
Tailbacks of more than six and a half miles are being experienced and the incident has forced people to travel on the hard shoulder to pass the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic England is advising people to consider alternative routes while the area is cordoned off.
It says normal traffic conditions are expected to resume by 6pm.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 8 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 9 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 10 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
**UPDATE, 5.07pm** - Two people have been treated at the scene, one has been taken to hospital. **UPDATE, 5.32pm** - All lanes are now open on the M5 following the earlier collision, but there are tailbacks leading up to Weston's Hildesheim Bridge.