Shopper injured after being hit with machete in Weston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A man armed with a machete went into a Weston-super-Mare supermarket and hit a shopper in the head.
The incident, which happened on Sunday, saw a man holding a machete chase another unknown man into Tesco Express in Severn Road.
A 46-year-old man and a woman intervened, with the man hit in the head and taken to hospital.
Three men aged 54, 39 and 32 were arrested following the incident and the machete seized by police.
The 54-year-old man has been released under investigation, while the other two men were released without charge.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: "We were called to Tesco in Severn Road at about 7.30pm on Sunday following reports an unknown man had been chased into the store by a second man armed with a machete.
"The man who intervened was hit around the head with the machete and needed hospital treatment for a cut.
- 1 Engaged couple thank new friends for 'special' night at Weston restaurant
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 4 Council keen to hear from villagers on road safety plans
- 5 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 6 Dreaming of reaching the Olympic Games with Isabel Blackhurst
- 7 Will garden village be revived?
- 8 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 9 Village housing development nears completion
- 10 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
"The man originally being chased and the suspect both left before police arrived.
"Anyone with information which could help the investigation is asked to get in touch through our website, or by calling 101, quoting reference 5219207376."