Shopper injured after being hit with machete in Weston Tesco
- Credit: Archant
A man armed with a machete went into a Weston-super-Mare supermarket and hit a shopper in the head.
The incident, which happened on Sunday, saw a man holding a machete chase another unknown man into Tesco Express in Severn Road.
A 46-year-old man and a woman intervened, with the man hit in the head and taken to hospital.
Three men aged 54, 39 and 32 were arrested following the incident and the machete seized by police.
The 54-year-old man has been released under investigation, while the other two men were released without charge.
A police spokesman said: "We were called to Tesco in Severn Road at about 7.30pm on Sunday following reports an unknown man had been chased into the store by a second man armed with a machete.
"The man who intervened was hit around the head with the machete and needed hospital treatment for a cut.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 3 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 4 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 5 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 6 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 7 Tribute show planned after popular Weston musician passes away
- 8 Deadline looms for charity funding bids
- 9 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 10 Residents slam developer's "wanton vandalism" destroying Medieval landmark
"The man originally being chased and the suspect both left before police arrived.
"Anyone with information which could help the investigation is asked to get in touch through our website, or by calling 101, quoting reference 5219207376."