Time running out to enter postcard comp
THE clock is ticking for creative youngsters who want to enter the Weston RNLI postcard competition.
Children across the town and in the surrounding areas have until June 10 to come up with a design for a postcard to be professionally printed and sold in local shops in aid of the lifesaving organisation.
The competition, which is sponsored by the Mercury, is part of Weston Lifeboat Week and entries will be judged by local artist Rosie Smith.
The fund-raising bonanza, which will run from July 30-August 7, is the first of its kind for Weston with events taking place throughout the week with the theme Go Mad For The RNLI.
The postcard designs will depict the RNLI in Weston, and suggested topics are staying safe at the seaside, lifeboats or lifeguards.
Entries will be judged in the age categories keystage one, keystage two, keystage three and keystage four.
All entries should be submitted on plain white A4 paper, in coloured or black and white artwork.
- 1 WATCH: Moment unlikely heroine saves the day at Weston Air Show
- 2 Thugs targeted elderly couple's motorhome as they slept during Weston Air Show
- 3 French court claims Jill Dando may have been 'murdered by mistake'
- 4 Weston to celebrate Pride with style this weekend
- 5 PICTURES: Weston Air Festival and Armed Forces Weekend 2022
- 6 Census 2022: North Somerset's population grows by 7pc since 2011
- 7 Land near railway station could be sold for housing
- 8 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 9 Glastonbury Festival 2022: Our review of the Worthy return...
- 10 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
They must include the name, age and school of the pupil on the back, and should be sent to RNLI Weston Postcard Competition, c/o Weston & Somerset Mercury, 32 Waterloo Street, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 1LW.
Prizes will be awarded for each category at the RNLI Weston Open Day, at Anchor Head on August 7.
The winners will be awarded a framed copy of their design and an opportunity to visit the Lifeboat Station. Runners-up prizes will also be awarded.
The winning designs will be professionally printed as postcards, and available to buy at the RNLI shop at Anchor Head, and various other locations in the town.
For more details about the competition or Weston Lifeboat Week call Clare Kingsbury-Bell on 07909 903120 or email email@example.com or keep up to date via Twitter and Facebook at Weston Lifeboat Week.