Timetable for Grand Pier event
PUBLISHED: 12:47 16 November 2010 | UPDATED: 09:37 17 November 2010
BABY sign language, exercising with pushchairs and massage are just some of the activities mums, dads and parents-to-be can try out at My Fair Baby – the baby and toddler show taking place on Weston’s new Grand Pier.
Organisers are finalising plans for the event, supported by the Mercury, to be held on November 28.
There will be a variety of taster sessions taking place as well as almost 50 stands offering top shopping bargains and Christmas presents, special show discounts, advice and information, treats and personalised gifts.
My Fair Baby kicks off at 10am in The Grand Hall and the taster sessions start at 10.30am in The Regency Suite on the second floor.
The timetable is:
* 10.30am and 11am – BabyBots - Thinking about using washable nappies? Find out all the facts and get advice from professionals at these two demonstration sessions.
* 12noon - Baby massage - A must for everyone who wants some quality bonding time with their baby followed by a great nap. You bring the baby and Bev Nickolls from Weston Wellbeing will bring the calm.
* 12.45pm - Fit Mums and Boogie Babies - A fun class showing you how to do some gentle exercise using your pushchair and involving your baby or toddler. Followed by a boogie session for toddlers .
* 1.30pm - Boogie Babies dance session for little people who can walk.
* 2.15pm - Sing & Sign Baby - Sign language is hugely popular and a great way to have fun with your baby while teaching them early communication skills using singing and music. Try it out for free and see for yourself.
* 3pm - Baby sensory class - Let your baby enjoy all types of sensory development activities such as lights, bubbles, music, and pick up some tips on sleep techniques as well.
At the event parents can also enter their little one in to the Face of the Pier photo competition.
All entrants will have their photo printed in the Weston & Somerset Mercury and readers will vote for their favourite.
There are three age categories and each category winner will win a professional studio shoot and £100 of prints from Vanda Photography in Milton Road, Weston.
The overall winner will be crowned Face of the Pier and used in some pier marketing.
To prebook a photo slot email email@example.com
Tickets to My Fair Baby are £2 in advance or £2.50 on the door. They can be bought online at www.myfairbaby.org.uk or from Coochy Coo or the Mercury office, both in Waterloo St and The Children Company in The Centre, Weston and Boo Coo in Station Road, Pill.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Weston Mercury. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.