Fitness group donates hundreds of pounds to Weston Hospicecare
- Credit: Archant
Keep fit enthusiasts at a Weston fitness studio have given Weston Hospicecare a new year cash boost.
Toogoods Fitness – which operates out of Gobbles Farm in Wolvershill Road – traditionally opens its doors to women only for its HIIT, Boxfit, yoga classes and personal training.
However, for one week each year, members can take along the men in their lives to sample some of the high-energy workouts in return for a charity donation.
This year the event raised £484.60.
Toogoods Fitness owner Kelly Toogood said: “A lot of clients have family members who have been helped by the hospice, so we’re very happy to help the hospice because of the amazing support for the community.”
You may also want to watch:
Simon Angear, from the hospice, said: “The hospice could not survive without support from across the community, so we’re enormously grateful to Kelly and everyone at Toogoods Fitness for such a marvellous donation.”
- 1 Funeral directors set up new Weston branch
- 2 Event organiser fined for noise complaints
- 3 Four-bedroom 1930s detached house in Milton
- 4 10 beauty spots in North Somerset
- 5 Michael Eavis, Weston Mayor and former football players at pier fundraiser
- 6 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
- 7 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 8 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 9 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 10 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset