Van found burned out after power tools stolen
- Credit: Archant
A van containing various power tools was taken overnight and found burned out.
The silver coloured Vauxhall Vivario van had the name Fencing and Garden Panels on the side panel with an image of fencing next to it. A number of power tools were inside the vehicle.
It was taken sometime between 10am on April 26 and 8am the following morning from a property in Lilac Way, in Wick St Lawrence.
It was found burnt out in Puxton Lane the following day.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have seen the van during the early hours of April 27.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We’d like to take this opportunity to remind van owners to review security in their vehicles.
“Nothing should be left in the vehicle that can be seen from the outside.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 6 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 7 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 8 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 9 Special school expansion progress
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
“Owners are advised not to leave expensive power tools in their vehicle overnight or at the weekend, when not at work.
“If they feel the need to leave items in the vehicles, then they should consider fitting specialist floor-mounted safes and secure storage boxes.
“We would also advise on alarming the vehicle, security marking and photographing any tools and equipment and consider installing CCTV at their property, so the vehicle can be recorded.
“Anyone able to help can contact us on 101 quoting reference 5220091547.”