Take a trip back in time on the Torbay Express
- Credit: Mike Jerrett
Don’t miss your chance to follow Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s Great Western Railway
Travellers are invited to take a trip back in time with the evocative sight and smell of steam locomotion on a day out in heritage carriages, with slam doors and opening windows.
Torbay Express excursions run on summer Sundays from Bristol Temple Meads following Brunel's picturesque Great Western Railway.
Travel across the Somerset levels and around the beautiful Devon coastline to Paignton, joining a private line to take you on to Kingswear.
From there, you take the ferry (included in the price) to spend around four hours exploring historic Dartmouth.
You may also want to watch:
The exciting new pool of locomotives includes the Duchess of Sutherland, Union of South Africa and Princess Elizabeth.
Choose from premier dining - a glass of buck's fizz followed by a full English breakfast and on the way home a glass of champagne followed by a four-course meal with coffee and chocolates. Alternatively, first-class-plus includes light refreshments and a Devon cream tea on the way home or standard class seating allows you to pack your own picnic.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 6 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 7 Luxurious three-bedroom house overlooking Weston seafront
- 8 Last chance to share your views on proposed relocation of Weston GP practice
- 9 Hornets' Richardson doesn't take notice of results ahead of Old Centralians
- 10 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
A selection of sandwiches, snacks, confectionery and drinks are available from the buffet for all classes.
To book or find out more, including discounts for families and groups, call 01453 835414/834477 or visit www.torbayexpress.co.uk