Toying with Weston’s Lego Beach Race
- Credit: Archant
A Weston photographer has brought children’s toys to life with a series of dramatic lego-style beach race pictures.
Dean Whitehouse has two young children and during the initial lockdown at the beginning of the year, he wanted to create a positive environment.
He was given a 12-year-old Nikon Camera and began to learn photography.
Dean said: “Thanks to some great friends who are also handy with a camera, I found it helped me to switch off and in turn find beauty in our local surroundings.
“As the months have passed, my mind has been buzzing with many ideas leading to me capturing scenes with different figures, purely for light-hearted fun to begin with.
You may also want to watch:
“I then thought of something that would make people maybe smile and that’s the beloved Weston Beach Race. I knew it had been cancelled so it was the perfect opportunity to do a scene.”
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half