Appeal to replace playground toys after items snatched from shed
- Credit: Google Street View
A primary school has made a heartfelt plea for playground toys after equipment was stolen from its grounds.
Teachers at Locking Primary School discovered scooters, bikes, balls and lego had been stolen from an outside shed on Bank Holiday Monday, which will cost around £1,000 to replace.
Headteacher, Joanne Jones, said: "They didn't try to get into the building but those responsible took a variety of children's toys from the primary's outside play area.
"We are upset, the equipment was there because pupils raised money to have it through the Friends of Locking School group.
"With budget cuts affecting teaching across the country, there is a strong possibility the primary school won't be able to fund the items replacement.
You may also want to watch:
"We will have to hold a fundraiser so the children can have their toys back."
The school says it has logged a complaint with police and would welcome replacement donations.
- 1 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
- 2 Popular food festival returns to Weston this weekend
- 3 Will garden village be revived?
- 4 How to order free Covid home tests
- 5 Flag stolen during period of national mourning
- 6 Recycling centres set to be 'very busy' due to ease in lockdown restrictions
- 7 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 8 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 9 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 10 Weston micropub closes permanently due to coronavirus pandemic