Accident on A370 causes traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is building on a major A-road after a multi-vehicle accident this morning (Friday).
An accident involving a number of cars has blocked the A370 Bridgwater Road in East Brent.
Eye witnesses reported seeing three or four cars involved in the collision just after the East Brent roundabout at 8.15am.
Traffic is worsening both north and southbound during rush hour.
Drivers are being warned to take care on the roads this morning due to fog.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office issued a yellow warning which is expected to last until 10am.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 3 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 4 Inadequate care home responds
- 5 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 6 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 North Somerset antisocial behaviour orders come into force
- 9 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
- 10 April 12 reopening: Weston shops preparing for spending spree
A man has been taken to hospital following the accident earlier today.
A South West Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 07:44 to reports of a road traffic collision, reportedly involving 4 vehicles.
“We have attended with two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
“A male patient was taken by ambulance to hospital.”