Accident on A370 causes traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is building on a major A-road after a multi-vehicle accident this morning (Friday).
An accident involving a number of cars has blocked the A370 Bridgwater Road in East Brent.
Eye witnesses reported seeing three or four cars involved in the collision just after the East Brent roundabout at 8.15am.
Traffic is worsening both north and southbound during rush hour.
Drivers are being warned to take care on the roads this morning due to fog.
The Met Office issued a yellow warning which is expected to last until 10am.
- 1 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
- 2 Weston business launches recruitment drive
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Weston primary school students 'heartbroken' after vandals strike
- 5 How you can keep your mobile charged at Glastonbury 2022
- 6 Public urged to review sites allocated for housing in North Somerset
- 7 Teen, 16, among football fans BANNED from matches
- 8 Weston's new mayor and deputy formally elected at council ceremony
- 9 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 10 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
A man has been taken to hospital following the accident earlier today.
A South West Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 07:44 to reports of a road traffic collision, reportedly involving 4 vehicles.
“We have attended with two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
“A male patient was taken by ambulance to hospital.”