Accident on A370 causes traffic delays
- Credit: Archant
Traffic is building on a major A-road after a multi-vehicle accident this morning (Friday).
An accident involving a number of cars has blocked the A370 Bridgwater Road in East Brent.
Eye witnesses reported seeing three or four cars involved in the collision just after the East Brent roundabout at 8.15am.
Traffic is worsening both north and southbound during rush hour.
Drivers are being warned to take care on the roads this morning due to fog.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office issued a yellow warning which is expected to last until 10am.
- 1 Canadian coffee and doughnut specialist has diner plans approved
- 2 Weston gymnast, 15, makes GB history
- 3 High Court grants new inquest into death of baby boy
- 4 PICTURES: Princess Anne visits Weston-super-Mare
- 5 Weston MP and mayor attend anniversary ball
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 NHS calls for North Somerset residents to get Covid booster
- 8 Pretty character cottage in rural village
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Primary school wins a second award for its focus on pupils’ mental wellbeing
A man has been taken to hospital following the accident earlier today.
A South West Ambulance spokesman said: “We were called at 07:44 to reports of a road traffic collision, reportedly involving 4 vehicles.
“We have attended with two ambulances and a rapid response vehicle.
“A male patient was taken by ambulance to hospital.”