Car lands on roof in Weston park
- Credit: The Friends of Prince Consort Gardens
A car ended up on its roof in a Weston beauty spot after the driver crashed through some fencing at the side of the road.
Police were called out to Prince Consort Gardens yesterday (Sunday) at 6.30am after a man called to report that his car had left Birnbeck Road and ended up in the seafront park.
A spokesman for Avon and Somerset Constabulary said: "He told officers the single-vehicle incident had happened at about 5.15am and that he and his passenger had been collected by a family member and taken to hospital for a check-up.
"They later discharged themselves from hospital."
The car was recovered from the gardens at 4.45pm yesterday.
The Friends of Prince Consort Gardens confirmed seven fence panels will need to be replaced as a result of the crash. Rocks have also been dislodged and a hawthorn tree destroyed.
Anyone interested in helping the group to maintain the gardens, and repair the damage, can join in with the work on Saturday mornings at 10am.
- 1 Where is the best fish and chips shop in Weston-super-Mare?
- 2 Somerset holiday park owners urge tourists to use common sense
- 3 Music acts to perform next to Weston's Birnbeck Pier
- 4 Covid-19: Number of Delta variant cases in North Somerset
- 5 Beautiful three-bedroom penthouse, with panoramic views over Weston
- 6 Beauty spot damaged as visitors use nature reserve as toilet
- 7 Woman dies at Weston cemetery
- 8 Tuk-tuks to provide tourist information service in Weston
- 9 Hornets and Weston excited by 2021-22 season fixtures release
- 10 New date for Trucks at the Beach announced