Two injured in car and motorbike crash in Weston
- Credit: Vicky Angear
Two people were injured in a crash between a motorcyclist and a car in Weston-super-Mare yesterday (Tuesday).
The Great Western Air Ambulance landed on the seafront just before 5pm after a collision between a car and a motorcycle in Walliscote Road.
The motorcyclist and a passenger on the bike were hurt in the crash, but their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening or life-changing.
A spokesperson for Great Western Air Ambulance Charity said: "Our critical care team was called to a road traffic collision involving a motorcyclist just before 5pm on June 15.
"They attended with two critical care doctors and a specialist paramedic on board, assisting the patient at the scene.
“The patient was then taken to hospital by land ambulance. This was one of nine call-outs for the air ambulance team yesterday."
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 Award wins for Hutton In Bloom volunteer group
- 4 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 7 New principal appointed at academy
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 Halloween 2021: What Halloween events are taking place in North Somerset?
- 10 PICTURES: Runners brave the elements at Weston Super Half