Bus drivers donate thank you hampers for NHS staff
- Credit: First Bus
Drivers at Weston's First Bus depot made a special detour in the run-up to Christmas - arriving at Weston General Hospital.
To pay tribute for the continued hard work staff have completed at the hospital throughout the coronavirus pandemic, thank you hampers were passed out by the bus operator.
Operations Manager for Weston, Jade Watson, revealed that First Bus Weston knows, first-hand, how much effort staff at Weston General Hospital have put in throughout 2020 to keep the town safe.
She said: “All the staff at the depot wanted to do something to recognise how hard our hospital staff have been working over the past 10 months to keep us safe.
"We know many of them as they are regular customers on our buses so we know how committed they are.”
Similar hampers were passed out by First Bus depots across the South West.
- 1 Man left with 'significant facial injury' following assault in Weston
- 2 Weston's four-day Oktoberfest to begin next week
- 3 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 4 Family-run business opens new tile and paving showroom
- 5 People encouraged to have Covid booster to protect them from virus
- 6 Entries open for Christmas Cracker race on Weston beach
- 7 Home Bargains store opens after £1million investment
- 8 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 9 Weston mum thanks community after Afghan refugee donation
- 10 WIN: Tickets to UK Pink Floyd at Weston Playhouse