Bus drivers donate thank you hampers for NHS staff
- Credit: First Bus
Drivers at Weston's First Bus depot made a special detour in the run-up to Christmas - arriving at Weston General Hospital.
To pay tribute for the continued hard work staff have completed at the hospital throughout the coronavirus pandemic, thank you hampers were passed out by the bus operator.
Operations Manager for Weston, Jade Watson, revealed that First Bus Weston knows, first-hand, how much effort staff at Weston General Hospital have put in throughout 2020 to keep the town safe.
She said: “All the staff at the depot wanted to do something to recognise how hard our hospital staff have been working over the past 10 months to keep us safe.
"We know many of them as they are regular customers on our buses so we know how committed they are.”
Similar hampers were passed out by First Bus depots across the South West.
- 1 Arrest made following death of man in Weston attack
- 2 How to order free Covid home tests
- 3 Popular Weston restaurant welcomes customers back
- 4 Grand Pier to host recruitment open days
- 5 Local artists bring wow-factor to Weston shop windows
- 6 Reopening: Thousands booked as hairdressers reopen
- 7 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 8 Retailers react as shops reopen to customers again
- 9 Inadequate care home responds
- 10 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple