UPDATE: Severe delays in both directions on M5 after 'serious crash'
- Credit: Highways England
The M5 in both directions between Junction 22 (Burnham) and Junction 21 (Weston) was closed earlier today.
One northbound lane from Burnham to Weston has now reopened.
The southbound carriageway between these two junctions is now also open with 11 miles of congestion.
The motorway was closed earlier following an incident involving two HGVs. An air ambulance was called to the scene and landed on the carriageway.
Highways England say traffic in both directions is still experiencing 'serve delays' with up to 7 miles of congestion northbound.
Up to 90 extra minutes on journey times is to be expected.
Delays are present on the approach to the two lane closure.
- 1 Police appeal after acid attack on woman in Weston
- 2 New coastal path linking Brean to Sand Bay opens
- 3 Fears Weston will be UK 'laughing stock' if See Monster delayed until September
- 4 Weston College to launch new adult courses for free
- 5 North Somerset Council to approve historic bus improvement plan
- 6 Councillor heralds Marine Lake revamp a 'huge success'
- 7 Dual-site primary school rated good by inspectors
- 8 Masonic lodge donates to Weston's RNLI
- 9 Century-old family business opens new storage facility in Worle
- 10 Research reveals which car brands hold their value best
There is still congestion along the A38, A370 and A371 into Weston as motorists hope to avoid the traffic.
Queues also exist northbound into Clevedon.
Long delays are expected and motorists are advised to avoid the route.