'Major improvements' begin on Weston road
- Credit: Google
A £46,000 scheme to improve Monks Hill in Weston starts today (Monday).
The road will be resurfaced from the junction of Kewstoke Road to where it joins Woodspring Avenue in Worlebury.
Work will be completed between 8am and 5pm but a full road closure will be in place for the duration of the scheme to ensure safety while working on the steep hill.
The road will be fully closed from 8am on Monday to 5pm on Friday.
Monks Steps will also be closed, so pedestrian access on Monks Hill and Monks Steps will not be maintained.
Traffic marshals will be on site during the scheme.
A diversion route will be in place and for more information visit www.n-somerset.gov.uk/roadworks
- 1 Changes to bus services in Weston
- 2 Pub nominated for pub of the year in national awards
- 3 New school welcomes its first pupils
- 4 Ed Sheeran announces huge UK tour
- 5 Poignant artwork installed on Weston beach
- 6 Fine food and drink on offer at biggest ever eat:Weston festival
- 7 Number of homes in major development could be reduced as amended plans submitted
- 8 New restaurant named Hospitality Hero by Mercury readers
- 9 Plan to build £30million second school site approved
- 10 North Somerset's garden waste service to resume with collections every four weeks