Person dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Google
A person has died after they were hit by a train this morning (Tuesday).
All lines were blocked between Taunton and Weston-super-Mare this morning.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Officers were called to the line in Highbridge shortly before 8am this morning following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
"Paramedics also attended however sadly a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
You may also want to watch:
"The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
Great Western Railway had reported train services running through these stations may be cancelled or delayed.
- 1 Party in the Park event returns to Weston
- 2 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 3 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns
- 4 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Weston is a 'really great place to invest'
- 8 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 9 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 10 The joys of sea air: The visitors' guide to Weston-super-Mare
All lines reopened at around 10am.
A National Rail spokesman said: "All lines have reopened between Weston and Taunton following a person having been hit by a train between these stations.
"Trains are now able to run between Weston and Taunton.
"As trains return to normal, trains may be delayed by up to 30 minutes or be cancelled."