Person dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Google
A person has died after they were hit by a train this morning (Tuesday).
All lines were blocked between Taunton and Weston-super-Mare this morning.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Officers were called to the line in Highbridge shortly before 8am this morning following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
"Paramedics also attended however sadly a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
"The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
Great Western Railway had reported train services running through these stations may be cancelled or delayed.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 4 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 5 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 6 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 7 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Hornets celebrate historical promotion to National 2 West
- 10 Rat-infested house used for drug dealing boarded up
All lines reopened at around 10am.
A National Rail spokesman said: "All lines have reopened between Weston and Taunton following a person having been hit by a train between these stations.
"Trains are now able to run between Weston and Taunton.
"As trains return to normal, trains may be delayed by up to 30 minutes or be cancelled."