Person dies after being hit by train
- Credit: Google
A person has died after they were hit by a train this morning (Tuesday).
All lines were blocked between Taunton and Weston-super-Mare this morning.
A British Transport Police spokesman said: "Officers were called to the line in Highbridge shortly before 8am this morning following reports of a casualty on the tracks.
"Paramedics also attended however sadly a person was pronounced dead at the scene.
"Officers are now working to identify the person and inform their family.
You may also want to watch:
"The incident is not being treated as suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.
Great Western Railway had reported train services running through these stations may be cancelled or delayed.
- 1 Man charged with two counts of attempted murder
- 2 Drink-driver jailed after causing serious injuries to Weston couple
- 3 April 12 opening day: Sovereign Centre plans to shake-up Weston high street
- 4 Weston Marine Lake outdoor swimming plans reach key milestone
- 5 Weston restaurants reopening outside on April 12
- 6 Inadequate care home responds
- 7 Proposal to reduce traffic on rural roads withdrawn
- 8 Modern, versatile living in a historic manor house
- 9 The Playhouse announces reopening date this summer
- 10 Tropicana confirms re-opening plans with first outdoor event
All lines reopened at around 10am.
A National Rail spokesman said: "All lines have reopened between Weston and Taunton following a person having been hit by a train between these stations.
"Trains are now able to run between Weston and Taunton.
"As trains return to normal, trains may be delayed by up to 30 minutes or be cancelled."