Train lines blocked between Weston-super-Mare and Worle due to signalling fault
- Credit: Archant
Train lines between Weston and Worle are blocked this evening (Tuesday) due to a signalling fault.
Great Western Railway (GWR) has announced trains running between these stations may be cancelled or delayed by up to 30 minutes.
People are being advised to use the station’s nearest bus services as no trains are running between Weston and Weston Milton.
The problem is not due to be resolved until 7pm.
A GWR spokesman said: “Due to a points failure we are unable to run trains between Weston and Worle in either direction.
You may also want to watch:
“Customers are advised to travel through Worle where bus ticket acceptance has been arranged for onward travel to Weston Milton and Weston.
“Customers at Weston and Weston Milton are advised to use buses to Worle where onward rail connections are available.
- 1 Man suffers head injuries in Weston robbery
- 2 Banwell traffic will soon be 'a thing of the past'
- 3 May 17: Village café and sustainable shop to reopen
- 4 Weston shopfront restored to its former glory
- 5 Newspapers often enjoyed grand town centre premises as befitted the self-important Fourth Estate.
- 6 Mini tornado does damage in Weston
- 7 May 17: Which pubs are reopening across Weston?
- 8 Jobs boom as Weston firm looks to expand
- 9 Huge six-bedroom house with flat on Weston seafront
- 10 Council urges people to respect open spaces after rise in littering and vandalism
“Additional road transport has been requested between Weston and Worle in both directions.”