Trains suspended after body found on line
TRAINS between Weston and Taunton have been suspended and replaced with bus services this evening (Tue).
The Mercury understands that a body was found on the line two miles north of Bridgwater.
Emergency services have been called to the incident.
Journey times have been extended by an extra 40 minutes due to the switch to buses, which will continue until further notice.
Some CrossCountry Trains may also be diverted and passengers could face delays of up to 45 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
First Great Western passengers may use CrossCountry trains ‘on any reasonable route’, according to National Rail.
- 1 Council says it is aware of rat problem in Weston
- 2 Pharmacy near Weston begins Covid vaccinations
- 3 Housing development for greenfield site in Nailsea approved
- 4 Civic society 'appalled' by new health centre proposed site
- 5 Virus 'ripping through' Weston care homes
- 6 Mike begins monumental challenge for Weston-super-Mare causes
- 7 Mother launches fundraising challenge as she battles cancer
- 8 Attempted robbery prompts police appeal
- 9 North Somerset Council launches local test and trace service
- 10 Teenager charged with dangerous driving following collision which injured three people