Transend Skatepark takes over Tropicana
- Credit: Archant
Skateboarders and scooter fans can show off their skills at Transend in Weston’s Tropicana.
The skatepark is running at the venue, in Marine Parade, until tomorrow (Friday).
Children can book in for an hour-long session and test out their skills on the half pipe, runs and ramps.
Transend is open from 9am-9pm with sessions for under-sevens, eight to 11-year-olds, families and children aged 12 and over.
Sessions are priced £4-5 and children must be accompanied by an adult.
You may also want to watch:
Free art and craft sessions will also be running alongside the skatepark, with a graffiti wall to paint on, friendship bracelets and colouring activites.
There will also be afternoon craft sessions, priced £5, starting at 2pm.
- 1 Large-scale offshore rig to be built at Weston's Tropicana next year as part of UK-wide project
- 2 North Somerset Covid case rate at its highest
- 3 New principal appointed at academy
- 4 Claim for judicial review delays school expansion for vulnerable children
- 5 Executive four-bedroom nearly-new house near town centre
- 6 North Somerset risks 43,000 false-negative PCRs after lab mix up
- 7 Weston families 'deciding between keeping children warm or fed'
- 8 Weston pub to undergo renovations to restore 19th century look
- 9 New officer verification process introduced by police
- 10 Cheddar 'pump track' approved and new facility could be in place next year
Today (Thursday), children will be able to make mosaic mirrors from shells and broken pottery.
Tomorrow youngsters will be able to design and paint a pot and plant spring flowers inside.