Trapped toddler rescued by fire crews

PUBLISHED: 12:33 09 January 2012 | UPDATED: 12:43 09 January 2012


FIRE crews were called out yesterday (Sun) to rescue a toddler who was stuck in a stair gate.

The 20-month old’s knee had become trapped in the gate at a home in Beaconsfield Road, Weston.

Stair gates are often put in place in homes with young children to protect them from using the stairs or injuring themselves falling down them.

Two engines from Weston fire station were called out at 10.41am to rescue the toddler, Avon Fire and Rescue Service confirmed.

The child was then taken to Weston General Hospital as a precaution by the home’s occupier but was not thought to be seriously hurt.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Weston Mercury

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists