Hour-long delays on rail services between Weston and Bristol
- Credit: Archant
Delays are rife on rail services between Weston-super-Mare and Bristol Temple Meads this morning (Friday) after a technical fault.
All lines between the stations are blocked between the stations due to a fault with the signalling system.
A Great Western Railway (GWR) spokesman said: “Train services running through these stations may be delayed by up to 60 minutes.”
GWR believes normal service will resume at 9am, but is advising travellers to use bus services to travel between Weston and Bristol.
More to follow…
You may also want to watch:
**UPDATE 10.32am** Normal service has resumed
- 1 Weston hotel destroyed by fire to be redeveloped this year
- 2 Forest preschool and holiday club set to open on outskirts of Weston
- 3 Weston's youngest funeral director achieves qualifications
- 4 Gale force winds expected to hit North Somerset
- 5 Have you seen wanted man Frazer Englefield?
- 6 PICTURES: New supermarket opens at shopping district
- 7 Jon Sevink from The Levellers to perform in Weston park
- 8 Have your say on plans for new GP surgery on Weston Rugby Club site
- 9 Chiropractors report increase in patients with back and neck pain due to home working
- 10 Weston's Marine Lake to remain closed due to safety concerns