Travellers pitch up at Weston playing fields
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
A group of travellers have settled on land a popular leisure centre.
Around nine caravans and a small number of vehicles have been spotted at Hutton Moor and the group has been ordered to move on by 6pm today (Friday).
They have arrived in the area after being evicted from land at Beach Lawns yesterday (Thursday).
A council officer will visit the pitches on Monday to check if they have complied with the authority's request.
Its spokesman for said: "There are nine caravans and associated vehicles at Hutton Moor playing pitches.
You may also want to watch:
"An officer visited them this morning to carry out health and welfare checks.
"We have issued a notice to the travellers to leave the land by 6pm today and we will visit the site again on Monday.
- 1 Petrol filling station and food store opens on outskirts of Weston
- 2 Armed police at Birnbeck Pier after reports of men with a gun
- 3 Police appeal for dash cam footage after serious collision near Weston
- 4 Surfer sets up new water sports business in North Somerset
- 5 Sun shines on successful Weston food festival
- 6 'Brilliant week' for Weston after April 12 ease in restrictions
- 7 Weston Lions cancel Real Ale Festival
- 8 Weston vets wins two awards
- 9 Workshops to discuss new medical centre at Weston Rugby Club
- 10 Teenager charged with murder in Weston
"If the group has not complied with the notice and they are still there by then, we will make an application to the court for a possession order."