Travellers pitch up at Weston playing fields
- Credit: Nick Page. Hayman.
A group of travellers have settled on land a popular leisure centre.
Around nine caravans and a small number of vehicles have been spotted at Hutton Moor and the group has been ordered to move on by 6pm today (Friday).
They have arrived in the area after being evicted from land at Beach Lawns yesterday (Thursday).
A council officer will visit the pitches on Monday to check if they have complied with the authority's request.
Its spokesman for said: "There are nine caravans and associated vehicles at Hutton Moor playing pitches.
"An officer visited them this morning to carry out health and welfare checks.
"We have issued a notice to the travellers to leave the land by 6pm today and we will visit the site again on Monday.
- 1 Four jailed for total of more than 40 years for raid at drug dealer's home
- 2 Man jailed for stealing high-powered cars
- 3 Named: 52 people fined for dropping cigarettes and dogs off leads
- 4 Residents fear mysterious CCTV camera is looking into homes
- 5 Brilliant Bailey signs for high-flying Bristol Rovers
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 HGV crashes into BUILDING in Banwell
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 New boss Hutt 'couldn't say yes fast enough' to Winscombe post
- 10 Grand Pier unveils jam-packed Platinum Jubilee Celebrations
"If the group has not complied with the notice and they are still there by then, we will make an application to the court for a possession order."